Spark It Up!
Intensive Play Therapy Retreat 2018
Save the date: May 16 – 19, 2018 in CA.
Details are coming soon
Earn 18 CEU’S By Coming To This Retreat!
Check out all the details from 2017 Play Therapy Retreat below
Just imagine three days of intensive experiential play therapy focusing on growth, learning and play for you!
This Intensive Play Therapy Retreat is approved for psychologist’s, MFT’s, LPC’s, LCSW’s and licensed mental health professionals.
The retreat will explore utilizing play therapy with multiple populations. This will include children, teens, individuals, couples & families. The retreat also incorporates a growth experience of self-care and relaxation for all who participate. You will be pampered in many aspects throughout this experience. Come grow, learn, play, gain inspiration and relaxation at Spark it up 2017!
The purpose of a play therapy retreat, in addition to daily immersion of play therapy activities and learning is to temporarily leave behind the usual distractions we all face for a time long enough to allow relaxation and for an inner change to occur. A retreat refreshes, revitalizes and gives the opportunity for contemplation.
The retreat schedule allows some free time to create your own experience with the variety of activities located onsite at the event location; hiking nearby beautiful beach trails, a relaxing ride on the boat, a swim in the ocean, a soak in the sun, or simply reading or journaling outside in a chair overlooking the stunning property.
About the Retreat Location
Ocean view home. We are in Huntington Harbor.
Free boat rides and beach! Other fun and relaxing surprises!
The boat is an Electric Duffy touring boat.
Enjoy the beautiful tour of canals while have fun on the boat chatting with retreat buddies.
Local beach and neighborhood Park.
Close to Miles of Huntington Beach, Beach!
Date: April 20 – 22, 2017
10 spots available
Preregister discount $1,800 until April 1, 2017
Full registration $2,000
Last day to register is April 15, 2017
Breakfast, lunch & snacks are catered.
Dinner and hotel is on your own (email for hotel information for special rate! firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the 2017 Spring Retreat
Advanced Specialized Training
Day 1 – Connecting to Varieties of Play – Exploring Play & Integrating Play into Your Goals
Day 2 – Sandtray – Digging Deeper into the Self of the Play Therapist
Day 3 – Expressly Yours – Expressing Your Own creativity and developing interventions for your practice.
This destination resort offers something for everyone.
Spark It Up! Intensive Play Therapy Retreat is about growing your understanding of play therapy by applying and integrating advanced specialized training. Discover your playful self that may have gotten lost or your drive to work with families and child through play therapy.
Learning Objectives for SPARK IT UP!
After this workshop participants will be able to . . . .
- Examine and investigate 5 developmental stages of play in children and teens to use in their play therapy practice.
- Examine and utilize 3 interventions that enhance understanding of brain functions and play therapy for people of all ages.
- Identify and utilize three self- assessment interventions that explore play therapists’ goals and development.
- Complete the ProQol assessment tool for the assessment of psychotherapist burnout and compassion fatigue so that play therapists can develop a deeper understanding of the symptoms and indicators of these issues.
- Identify and use 3 expressive play therapy and/or art-based interventions for the prevention and treatment of psychotherapist burnout and compassion fatigue.
- Explore and understand 3 developmental considerations for play therapists to use in Sandtray Therapy.
- Explore and utilize 2 strategies that play therapists can use in witnessing, processing and drawing out the story of the sandtray.
- Develop and demonstrate at least one play therapy and/or expressive therapy intervention.
At this retreat you will personally discover how to…
- Find your own inner “Play-er”
- Dig deeper to understand yourself and others
- Connect to a variety of play
- Express yourself through play and expressive arts
- Use play and expressive therapy interventions
All this plus so much more…
You will learn how to improve your energy for developing a playful counseling practice and utilize evidence based interventions that you can apply to your own practice. You will enhance your understanding of brain functions and play while you explore playful ways of connecting. You will gain feelings of thriving, support and connection. After the retreat you will leave feeling refreshed, renewed and re-energized, while gaining new friendships, connection and support with fellow play therapist.
Spark It Up! Intensive Play Therapy Retreat 2017
April 20 – 22, 2017
Only 10 spots are available. This event will SELL OUT! Register Today!
Registration investment $2,000
Our Wonderful Presenters For The Retreat
Mary Ruth Cross, MS, MFT, NCC, RPT-S
Karen Pernet LCSW, RPT-S
Leslie Baker, MA, MFT, NCC Certified Gottman Therapist
Association for Play Therapy approved -APT Approved Provider 09-241 and CEs for Marriage & Family Therapists, Licensed Social Workers, Professional Counselors and Psychologists offered through Sierra Institute for Contemporary Gestalt Therapy BBS provider 349 and approved by APA.
For further information please call or email:
Mary Ruth Cross 925.895-4670 email@example.com
Karen Pernet 510.926-0292 firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Baker 925-998-3392 email@example.com
Cancellation Policy: Participants can request a full refund minus $200.00 administration fee before April 10, 2017, unless a replacement is found. If you are requesting a replacement please contact Karen Pernet at firstname.lastname@example.org. No cancellations will be given after April 10, 2017.
Partial credit cannot be given.
Disclaimer: Recordings, both audio and video may used to further benefit Connecting to Play Therapy and Fylmit.com. All information presented is for educational purposed only. Opinions expressed by the presenters do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Connecting to Play Therapy and Fylmit.com.